Many thanks to Stan Parchin for forwarding details of his exciting new project:
ArtMuseumJournal.com launched on July 25, 2009 and provides an online resource about museums, exhibitions, publications for art history professionals, students and enthusiasts.
July 25th 2009 marked the debut of ArtMuseumJournal.com, a web site devoted to information about museums, their permanent installations and special exhibitions as well as developments in the history of art and related disciplines.
Team AMJ's approach is unique among Internet resources in its interdisciplinary approach to world civilizations and their art. The Web site's staff is well-versed in the history, art and languages of various cultures across time.
- important news about museums, curators and their accomplishments;
- profiles of museums, permanent installations and galleries;
- expert previews and reviews of special exhibitions, books and catalogues;
- reports about object restoration, conservation and repatriation;
- in-depth descriptions of individual artworks;
- recent developments in archaeology and Egyptology; and
- bibliographies of current and classic scholarly literature.Future articles include: a profile of Emory University's Michael C. Carlos Museum: a description of Egyptian artifacts at the British Museum; reviews of the exhibitions Afghanistan: Hidden Treasures from the National Museum, Kabul and Amsterdam/New Amsterdam: The Worlds of Henry Hudson; and a feature on Roman portrait sculpture.
Join us in our exciting exploration of world art.
Publisher and Editor-in-Chief