Sunday, March 27, 2011

Photo for Today, and update



Deir el Medina,
looking towards the Ptolemaic Temple of Hathor

I tried to go up higher for this and other photos but I was
removed firmly from my spot by a guard.



With 161 news items saved in my Blog folder it is going to take longer than usual to pull together the archive of stories from the last couple of weeks. Today's is the first batch, but I'll be adding more in the days to come.

Aayko Emya, who founded and runs the invaluable Egyptologists Electronic Forum, gave me permission to report on some of the stories that have been posted to the Forum. Thanks Aayko. I will be summarising some of the older reports but if you want to keep up to date with the news as it comes in you will neeed to subscribe to EEF.

Thanks very much for the comments and emails. I've been up in Wales for a bit of R & R and got back to London yesterday. My eyes are still not right, and I still cannot wear contact lenses, but the dreadful light sensitivity has diminished substantially and I can now use a computer screen for periods at a time so I should be able to catch up within a few days.

On a personal note has anyone had their eyes laser-corrected? I am planning to get mine done in a couple of months time, just as soon as my doctor says that my eyes are fit, and I would be very interested to know of the experiences of anyone who has had theirs done, and hear any advice that you might have for me. andie [at] oddthing. co .uk

For those of you in the UK who, like me, didn't realize it until a friend mentioned it - the clocks went forward today!



No comments: